Speers Waler Zoom 5-8mm: Gesichtsfeld?

• Hallo,
    bin gerade dabei das Sichtfeld am Himmel dieses Okulars zu berechnen.
    Für 8mm steht auf der Verpackung AF 80.7 deg.
    Bei 5mm hat es laut Schachtel AF 89.0 deg.

Was mich wundert: Kann die Angabe stimmen, dass das Okular bei 5mm das größere Gesichtsfeld hat? Oder wurde da etwas vertauscht?
    Beggo

• Hallo,

warum sollte das nicht so sein? Das ist doch bei fast allen Zooms der Fall, dass bei der kleineren Brennweite das scheinbare Gesichtsfeld am grössten ist un das echte Gesichtsfeld am kleinsten. [;)]

Gruss Heinz

• Hallo Beggo,

lies dir mal folgendes durch:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Zitat:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I tested the 5-8mm Speers-Waler eyepiece using my ten inch f/5.6 Newtonian and my 80mm (3.1 inch) f/5 Celestron Wide View Spotting Scope. The first thing I did was do a quick measurement of the apparent field using a crude optical bench setup, yielding a field of about 78.5 degrees regardless of which focal length was selected using the slide. This notably differs from the 81 to 89 degree apparent field range stated by the manufacturer, and leads me to believe that they used the old formula TFOV = AFOV/Mag to work backwards and "derive" figures for the apparent field, rather than more correctly measuring them. This formula is merely a rough approximation, and with some eyepieces, can yield results which are inconsistent with reality. Using a small distant test target for the 80mm f/5 refractor and comparing its size in the eyepiece with a larger target somewhat closer, I determined that this eyepiece had a maximum focal length of about 7.9 mm, and a minimum focal length of about 5.0 mm (+/- 0.1 mm accuracy), which is reasonably close to the stated specifications on the box..

On the sky itself using my ten inch Newtonian (1410mm focal length), the large apparent field of the Speers Waler gave me 27.25 arc minutes of true field at 178x, and about 18.5 arc minutes at 282x, so it was indeed vastly wider than my other high power eyepiece fields. Following the questionable reasoning of the manufacturer and using the old Apparent field/Magnification formula along with my true field measurements, the apparent field at 7.9 mm would come out to be 80.8 degrees, while the calculated field for the 5.0 mm focal length would be a whopping 87.0 degrees! However, if we assume that the apparent field is 78.5 degrees and constant, such a field would imply that the focal length of the eyepiece is ranging from 8.2mm to 5.5mm! My approximate calculated eyepiece focal lengths are in the 5 to 8mm range so clearly, the old formula for true field cannot be applied in this case to get a meaningful result. Working "backwards" using the eyepiece field stop formula for true field (TFOV = 57.296*EFSD/F, where EFSD is the eyepiece field stop diameter and F is the telescope's focal length), this yield's an "effective" field stop diameter of 11.2mm at the eyepiece's 7.9 mm focal length, and 7.6mm at the 5.0 mm focal length. Perhaps these numbers might be somewhat more useful in gaging what the true field of view will be, but again, they do not represent a "true" eyepiece field stop size. In any case, the Speers Waler eyepiece is a good demonstration as to why the old true field of view formula AFOV/Mag cannot be always be relied upon for accuracy.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Der Text ist ein Auszug aus einem Testbericht von David Knisely: Cloudy Nights

- Bernd

• Anscheinend hat David Knisley noch nicht richtig begriffen, dass es nie einen festen Zusammenhang von scheinbaren Gesichtfeld und echten Gesichtsfeld gab. Der Hersteller hat da keine alten Formeln verwendet, sondern gibt den Bildwinkel an, der sich bein Einblick ins Okular ergibt. Nur bei wirklich othoskopischen Okularen lässt daraus das echte Gesichtfeld errechnen. Bei allen anderen Okularen führt Verzeichnung dazu, dass die Formel TFOV=AFOV/Mag einfach nur falsch ist. Das ist heute so und war früher auch schon so.
    Ebenso war auch schon immer bekannt, dass nur der Feldblendendurchmesser Rückschlüsse auf das echte Gesichtsfeld zulässt. Das ist keine neue Erkenntnis und bedarf keiner neuen Formeln. Das Problem dabei ist, dass sich der Feldblendendurchmesser nur bei Okularen einfach durch Messen ermitteln lässt, bei denen die Feldblende vor der Feldlinse liegt, was beim Speers Waler nicht der Fall ist.
    Ausserdem verwendet David Knisley nur eine Näherungsformel, die mit zunehmenden Bildwinkel ungenauer wird.
    Die richtige Formel lautet: TFOV = 2 * atan(EFSD/F/2)

Gruss Heinz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!