Beiträge von USB_Focus im Thema „Robofocus angebaut“

Hi Astrotreff forum,

I heard some discussions about USB_Focus system here.

I am designer and distributor of USB_Focus products.

First I am sorry but I don't speak German, I will use english.

To make it short, USB_Focus is dedicated to backyard astronomers and has been developed by backyard astronomers.

USB_Focus team expertise is embedded hardware, software and design.

It has been a long way to get a finished product, affordable, inspiring quality and embedding the highest features like :

- A stepper motor 8000 positions per turn
    - USB controller and external temperature sensor
    - flexible coupler for shaft to shaft coupling, that is rock solid, metal to metal to avoid slippage
    - motor bracket black anodized, 3mm thickness and adapted to many crayford available out there
    - power supply (EU and US style available)
    - ASCOM compliancy and Windows XP, Windows7, Windows8 32 and 64bits compliancy
    - For Mac and Linux users a port to INDY framework is ongoing

We equipped so many customers, here are a few of our references:
    William Optics FL-132, Monorail TS, AT65EDQ, AT111, JMI NGF-XTn 3", Orion OC1, Moonlight CR1, Bresser PN-203, Vixen R200SS, Baader 2", Altair astro 115/805, Feathertouch 2", 2.5" 3.5", Astroprofessional 80ED, AP Traveller 105EDF, FS60, FSQ106, TSA120, TOA130, Taka E-180ED... and many more.

Some customers managed to have third parts SCT adaptation.

We already distributed USB_Focus in many countries from the US and Canada to South Korea, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherland, Portugal,..

Another USB_Focus benefit is its capacity to adapt to your instruments:

Case 1a*. If you use a lightweight imaging set up, up to 1,5kg, then you can power USB_Focus with your USB port only. That way you win one wire (no power supply needed).

Case 1b*. If you use a average weight imaging set up, up to 2.3kg, then you power USB_Focus with the power bloc supplied to boost motor performance.

Case 2. If you have an heavy set up, (large CCD, large filter wheel, Adaptative Optics, OffAxisGuider, Guider camera, corrector..) that exceeds 2.3kg then we have a "Black edition motor" for you. It can achieve moving up to 6kg depending on your crayford size and smoothness.

All this with the same USB_Focus controller.

*A switch is available to move from 1a to 1b.

For those of you NOT interested in push-buttons, a new version of USB_Focus is available (this is the first public communication about it) :

Imagine your focuser motor cable ending with a USB connector that goes straight to your computer, no more serial DB9 connectors, no more big boxes, no more power supply. I will post details and photos on usb-foc.us website soon.

As USB_Focus manufactured and shipped from the EU, expect low shipping fees to Germany.

If you are interested in any of those, please request : vincent AT usb-foc.us.

Ich bedanke mich für Ihre Aufmerksamkeit
    Vincent