Beiträge von Guntram im Thema „CERI HPC nicht mehr verfügbar“

Hallo Kai.

Ich habe noch einen Brocken Polierrot in meinen Beständen. Es stammt aus einer Firma, die damals für ihre Optiken sehr bekannt war, heute aber einen anderen Namen hat. Das Zeug ist so grob, dass man eher meint, es mit 15mikron Schmirgel zu tun zu haben.

Ich habe mich mit dem Material ca. 25 Stunden abgequält, um einen 150mm Spiegel einigermaßen auszupolieren. Ganz auszupolieren, schaffte ich ohnehin nicht.
    Ehrlich gesagt, graust mir die Vorstellung, einen, sagen wir, 350er Spiegel mit Polierrot auszupolieren.

Wäre interessant zu wissen, was wirklich hinter dieser plötzlichen "Verknappung" steckt.

Gruß,

Guntram

Hallo Kai.

Die Geschichte von der Kugelmühle stammt aus der amerikanischen ATM Mail-list. Im Texereau steht meines Wissens nach auch nichts über kugelgemahlenes Polierrot.

Hier ein paar Zitate aus der Ami-Szene, gefunden mit " ball milled rouge " als Suchbegriff.

I've been using ball milled red rouge to finish optics with for the past few years. It came about after attending a talk at the Bellingham TM conference and a talk by an optician from the Mirror Lab in Tucson. He indicated that all their optics were finished with BMR.

I keep intending to make ups some samples for and AFM scan (atomic force microscope) but haven't yet. Surfaces look brighter and smoother but that's not scientific. The optics perform well, but again...

BMR is wonderful stuff, smooth, well behaved. Washes off your hands and hard surfaces but will stain clothes. I "mill" it in a rock tumbler with a hand full of .5" ball bearing (let it run about a week). It does generate some pressure (out gas?) so be aware... Anyway, nothing like the stuff that comes out of the bag from the supplier... Highly recommended.

Greg

Anderes Zitat:

Recently, I had the opportunity to use some rouge that has been milled in a
    rock tumbler for several months. The milling was done by steel ball
    bearings with the rouge in a rather thick slurry. Dean Ketelsen has
    written about this ball milling in the past. In fact, it was his rouge.

A couple of things may interest list members. First, this rouge is much
    cleaner to use than unmilled rouge. It's almost as unproblematic as CeO in
    terms of staining. Second, it seems to produce no sleeks at all. I've
    figured pyrex and BK-7 with it and haven't found any more sleeks than CeO
    will produce, which is basically zero. Third, it produces the beautiful
    smoothness that one expects from rouge, which polishes finer than CeO. The
    only drawback to it is that for me, at least, the rouge doesn't seem
    produce the same results from some figuring strokes as CeO. TOT 1/3 dia.
    stroke with rather vigorous action produces a near paraboloid with this
    stuff on an 8" f/8, as opposed to the oblate spheroid that I would have
    expected from CeO. Still, overall I really like this rouge better than CeO
    for figuring.

Interestingly, I was shown electon micrographs of various polishing
    compounds and the ball milled rouge had the smallest, most uniform particle
    size. Slightly milled rouge had some huge boulders of particles in it and
    milled Barnesite had large plate-like particles. Wasn't able to see an
    pictures of CeO.

Anyone with a rock tumbler can make this stuff, which I think is very
    worthwhile.

Roger Ceragioli

Viele Grüße,

Guntram

Hallo,

falls wir wieder in die Polierrot-Zeit zurückkehren müssen[xx(][xx(],
    kann man, sofern sich keine besseren Quellen auftun, das durch Glühen gewonnene Eisenoxid durch tagelanges Mahlen in einer Kugelmühle http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugelm%C3%BChle sehr fein bekommen. Einige der großen Spiegel des Mirror Lab in Tucson wurden, so war einmal zu lesen, mit Polierrot (end?)poliert, das nach diesem Verfahren gewonnen wurde.

Guntram