2 Anblicke eines EVA Astronauten

• subject: view from Earth -- view from space!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5…wfromearthviewfromspc.jpg

This is a continuation of the earlier observation of an STS-119 EVA(2nd spacewalk of the mission): A bright reflection of one or both of the white-suited spacewalkers.

A view from Space at the same moment as I captured the situation from Earth.
    That with only a few seconds time uncertainty!

We see a view from the helmet-cam of spacewalker Steve Swanson.
    He sees colleague Joe Acaba working a little lower and next to him at the truss with
    the sickle of the Earth at the background. This is actually the departing
    daylight which I see from the ground as the twilight in the west. The pass was reasonable
    deep in the twilight, with the Earth shade already considerably rising into the East. (35°)
    The darkness were I'm standing in, while shooting the Earth-bound image, is the dark area
    below right in the picture seen from Space. The astronauts are working at the Earth facing
    side, and we see the rectangular shaped back of the white spacesuite of Acaba reflecting the
    sunlight, which I see as the bright spot obviously tilted on the general ISS structures in the telescope-image.
    How was I'm able to find this moment in the video recordings? Very easy: I took the point of
    sunset and the few minutes later showed groundtrack to see were the ISS was. I then calculated
    the time back from the sunset moment,which is the same as the point the ISS departs into the Earth
    shade,as seen from the ground!

With the addition of the last processed frame in negative, the obviously
    tilted position of the detail represending the spacewalker is even more impressive, especially for someone
    familar with the view of the station. We now see a better view on the entire P3 truss, with the
    Solar Alpha Rotary Joint(SARJ). I think this composition provides a great technical insight on a situation
    captured in a fraction of a second passing with a speed of 28000 km/h!

Ralf Vandebergh

• Danke sehr Achim

Viele Grüsse,
    Ralf

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Zitat:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Original erstellt von: ah8892</i>
    <br />Hi Ralf,
    again, great pictures of you.
    Greetings Achim
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

• Hallo Ralf,

Glückwunsch auch von meiner Seite! Letztens waren deine Bilder ja sogar in SuW abgedruckt!

Unglaublich finde ich, wie du mit einem 10" Dobson (gehe ich mal von aus, da du deine anderen Bilder ja auch mit diesem gemacht hast) dermaßen nachführen kannst!
    Ich habe ja selbst einen und komme sehr gut klar damit, aber so wie du... das wird IMHO wohl kaum jemand je erreichen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!