skurriles Gin-O-Scope

• Und noch ne Ausgrabung...

Hallo Leute,

ich bin gerade über diesen thread bei Cloudy Nights gestolpert: reflecting finder
    etwas weiter unten...

(hier noch die Bilder direkt - ich habe sie, weil ich die Bandbreite von cloudynights nicht nur fürs Bilder übertragen hijacken möchte die Bilder mal auf meine HP gestellt, die Bilder wie auch das Teleskop sind vom Nutzer Chriske (Chris B. aus Belgien):

Das ist ja wohl mal wieder die Härte! Ein absolutes Frühwerk, vor über 25 Jahren aus einer holländischen Ginflasche entstanden...

Und die Maße des selbstgeschliffenen Spiegels lesen sich durchaus sportlich: quadratischer Spiegel 112 x 112 mm, f/2,9, ein Liter Fassungsvermögen.

Sachen gibts...

Andreas

• Hi,

Sorry to answer this topic in english, es ist zu lange das ich noch deutsch gesprochen habe also, sorry again.
    I had lots of fun using this bottle. I had lots of fun to making it. There was one major problem using this finderscope. During observing now and then we had to drink a small drop to keep our feet warm in the cold winter. As the bottel got empty after a few hours the balans of the scope went completely.... or maybe it was just <b>us </b>getting out of balans and thouhgt there was a problem with the scope...[:D]

In those days I did not have my owne belljarr to coat that mirror...heu bottle (sorry...) When I got to the person to coat it and showed him the bottle he asked me : <i>have you been drinking again?? </i>[:D]

Chris

• Hi Chris,

it's great you drop by and tell us about your Gin-bottle-scope.
    Herzlich Willkommen im Astrotreff!

It is actually a great shame you had this wonderful showpiece waisting away on a dust gathering shelf. It would grace any exhibition of ATM masterpieces.

You said on cloudynights you even parabolized it - at f/2.9 and with the square shape this must have been a huge task. I'm really curious how far you could take it. Is it really a fully corrected paraboloid? And are the stars square shaped?

The craziest scope I've come across so far has been the "Gingerbread-scope" by our Silvio (he's an astrotreff member, see this link), but your finder is a wonderful addition to the list.

I bet one of the big advantages of this scope besides keeping your feet warm in winter is the enhanced performance for double star work...

Thanks very much for sharing!

Cheers,
    Andreas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!