Artemis I Flight Readiness Concludes; NASA “go” for August 29 Launch, Briefing set for 8 p.m.

• Artemis I managers conduct a Flight Readiness Review (FRR) on Aug. 22, 2022, at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The FRR is an in-depth assessment of the readiness of the agency’s Space Launch System and Orion spacecraft to support the uncrewed flight of Artemis I on its mission beyond the Moon and return to Earth. The meeting will conclude later in the day with a poll of all managers. Artemis I is scheduled to launch at 8:33 a.m. EDT on Aug. 29, 2022, from Kennedy’s Launch Complex 39B. The first in a series of increasingly complex missions, Artemis I will provide a foundation for human deep space exploration and demonstrate our commitment and capability to extend human presence to the Moon and beyond. The primary goal of Artemis I is to thoroughly test the integrated systems before crewed missions by operating the spacecraft in a deep space environment, testing Orion’s heat shield, and recovering the crew module after reentry, descent, and splashdown.

The Flight Readiness Review for NASA’s Artemis I mission has concluded, and teams are proceeding toward a two-hour launch window that opens at 8:33 a.m. EDT Monday, August 29, from Kennedy Space Center’s Launch Pad 39B in Florida. NASA will hold a media conference at approximately 8 p.m. to discuss the outcome of the review. Listen live on the agency’s website.

Participants in the teleconference are: Artemis I managers conduct a Flight Readiness Review (FRR) on Aug. 22, 2022, at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. From left are Jim Free, associate administrator for Exploration Systems Development Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters; and Bob Cabana, NASA associate administrator. Artemis I is scheduled to launch at 8:33 a.m. EDT on Aug. 29, 2022, from Kennedy’s Launch Complex 39B.

• Janet Petro, director, Kennedy Space Center
    • Bob Cabana, associate administrator, NASA Headquarters
    • Jim Free, associate administrator for Exploration Systems Development Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
    • Mike Sarafin, Artemis mission manager, NASA Headquarters
    • Charlie Blackwell-Thompson, Artemis launch director, Exploration Ground Systems Program, Kennedy
    • Howard Hu, Orion Program manager, Johnson Space Center in Houston
    • Chris Cianciola, Space Launch System Program deputy manager, NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

More details about the mission and Artemis can be found in the press kit, or by following the Artemis blog.

Quelle: https://blogs.nasa.gov/artemis…h-briefing-set-for-8-p-m/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!