Takahashi FSQ-85ED Astrograph

• Hallo,

Wurde hier im Forum eigentlich schon auf den neuen FSQ-85 hingewiesen? Ich komme mit der Forensuche nicht zurecht...

Komme drauf, da ich im amerikanischen Tak-Forum ein kurzes Review von Art Ciampi (Nautical Repair = Tak-Händler) zum Teleskop gelesen habe:

"Review of the Takahashi FSQ85 Baby Q

The FSQ85 Takahashi is a new downsized version of the popular FSQ 1 06
    astrograph. I recently had the opportunity to test it visually and thought I'd post some impressions of this new scope. I've owned probably a hundred telescopes in my life and have owned or used probably every Takahashi scope ever made.

The first thing you'll notice about the FSQ85 is that it's really compact, 16" long with the sliding dew shield pulled back. There's a nice thread-on cap on the back of the scope. Standard equipment includes the camera angle adjuster and the micro focuser, so you're getting about $500 worth of added accessories with the tube.
    I mounted the scope using the standard clamshell ring tube holder to an Orion Sky View Pro mount. The mount easily handled the scope's 8 pounds plus a couple more pounds with the diagonal and eyepiece.

First night out I noticed that you really don't need a finder scope, with only 450mm of focal length you just drop in a 25mm eyepiece and you're at a whopping l8x! So I just aimed it roughly looking down the tube and used the low power to center any object quickly.

The scope was subjected to a bit of shake and bake on the way home since I transported it in the trunk of a motor scooter. If you had, any worries about losing collimation through vibration or heat you can forget about it. This scope is tough.

First night out Jupiter was up and about 45 degrees high so I took a look at it first. The scope has a short focal length so I used the Takahashi 1.5x extender and a 6mm eyepiece for about 113x to start with. The Baby Q shows no color whatsoever inside or outside of focus. It snaps into focus beautifully. I counted 11 bands and zones with minor striations and detail visible in moments of good seeing, not bad for an 85mm telescope! Contrast is really amazing with this scope; the closest I can remember to this scope is the old FCI00N from 20 years ago. The details on Jupiter just jump out at
    you, you'd swear you're looking through a really exquisite 4" refractor. The moon was also impressive, the scope is very well baffled, you can put the moon just outside the field of view and the field of view is black. No color fringing on the moon at all, just perfect.

Focus travel was very generous on the scope, every eyepiece I tried came easily to focus even using Barlows and the extender. I'd say that focus travel is a non issue on this scope.

The scope was compared side by side with a 5" Maksutov and really there's no contest, the Takahashi was much sharper although the Mak had a brighter image. The Baby Q also 'cooled down really fast. It was at optimum performance in a matter of a few minutes after being taken outside.

I know many people will buy this scope to use as an astrograph. I think there are a lot of people who might want to take a look at this scope for a portable scope for visual Use. Physically just a bit bigger and heavier than a Sky 90 it packs the performance of a good 4" refractor into a tiny package. The scope reminds me
    a lot of the old FCT76 but much better in performance. At first glance the $2995 price might seem a bit pricey for
    an 85mm telescope but this scope is one of those exquisite instruments that come along only rarely. After looking through the Baby Q I'd have to say its money well spent. This scope IS very impressive."

Es gibt also eine weitere High-End Alternative für Reiseteleskope.

Mehr Infos unter http://www.takahashi-europe.com/en/FSQ-85ED.php

CS
    Dirk

• Hallo Dirk,

ich hab seit zwei Wochen einen Baby-Q. Rechnet man die kleine Öffnung im Verhältnis zu dem seitdem dauerhaft anhaltendem Regen muss die Qualität verdammt gut sein [:D][:D]

Bis auf einen Blick so quer durch den Garten zu einem Baum in der Nachbarschaft ging bisher nix weiter.

Wenn es das Wetter zulässt werden wir auf unserer Warte der Sternfreunde Hohenberg mal Aufnahmen machen- das Ergebnis werde ich dann auch hier einstellen.

Gruß
    Stefan

• Hallo Dirk,

der FSQ-85 führt ein Schattendasein gegenüber dem FSQ-106, meines Erachtens zu Recht. Er liegt von den Daten und auch vom Preis her einfach zu nahe an seinem großen Bruder dran. Und dann ist da noch das Problem, daß der OAZ nicht für schwere Kameras taugt, siehe z.B. die Erfahrungen deines Namensvetters hier:

http://www.astro-fotos.com/ausruestung.html

Bleiben als potentielle Kundenschaft also Leute mit kleiner Kamera und dicker Brieftasche - eine eher seltene Kombination. [;)]

mfg
    Torsten

• Hallo Torsten,

Interessanter Link! Eine STL-11000 sollte er definitiv tragen. So etwas darf nicht sein - für Nutzer schwerer Kameras nicht akzeptabel. Der Preisunterschied von rd. 30% zum FSQ-106 ist wirklich eine Überlegung wert, da hast Du recht. 7kg beim FSQ-106 wären mir für die Reise schon zu viel - aber hier hat jeder einen anderen Rahmen.

Für die Reise - daran dachte ich ja in erster Linie - visuell + fotografisch mit gängiger Kameraausrüstung, sicherlich eine sehr gute Optik. Habe mir selbst vor ein paar Monaten gebraucht den FS-60CB + Kamerarotationsring + Flattener gekauft. Hiermit bin ich sehr zufrieden. Im Nachhinein wäre der FSQ-85 wohl die noch bessere Alternative gewesen - allerdings auch zu einem anderen Preis. Wie auch immer - in jedem Fall eine weitere Möglichkeit auf dem Markt.

LG
    Dirk

• Hi Torsten,

1,8kg für die SLT-11000 + Fokuser + Filterrad ist ja auch schon recht heftig.

Auf dem Foto ist jedenfalls das große Filterrad mit montiert- und der erwähnte Focuser schaut auch nicht gerade leicht aus.

Bei uns wird das Baby eine QSI 583 ws tragen müssen oder auch meine DSRL.

Außer dem Vorteil des geringeren Gewichts für Reisen hat der Baby-Q ja auch noch die geringere Brennweite. Damit geht wohl noch deutlich mehr Feld als mit der großen Version.

Gruß
    Stefan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!