Das Universum expandiert beschleunigt...

• Hallo Kalle,

die Kernaussage ist doch, dass die vorhandenen Daten auch relativ gut zu einem mit konstanter Geschwindigkeit (nicht beschleunigt) expandierenden Universum passen, man also die beschleunigte Expansion gar nicht braucht, um die Daten zu erklären (s. Fig. 3 in der Originalveröffentlichung). Ich stimme aber zu, dass das mehr, vor allem auch bessere Daten, hilfreich wären! Leider stecken in der Astronomie oft viele Annahmen hinter den Modellen, die es auch zu überprüfen gilt. Sind zum Beispiel Typ Ia SN wirklich Standardkerzen und wenn ja mit welchem Fehler? Aber da mögen sich die Experten äußeren, ich stecke da nicht tief genug drinnen in der Materie.

• Hallo miteinander,

wie ihr euch sicher denken könnt, wird das Thema gerade auch in der Fachwelt fleißig diskutiert. Brian Hayden von der Berkeley Cosmology Group faßt die Angelegenheit in der geschlossenenen "Astronomers"-Facebook-Gruppe, in der sich knapp 8500 Profiastronomen aus aller Welt versammeln, wiefolgt zusammen:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Zitat:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">After looking into the paper some more, I have another comment. Basically, they've also proven that the significance on dark energy has gotten LARGER, not smaller, as they claimed.

As I mentioned in a different post, in the Riess and Perlmutter papers in '98-'99, they assumed a flat universe based on observational evidence at the time. Without the flat universe constraint, supernovae by themselves in 98-99 would only have been something like ~1 sigma in favor of the cosmological constant.

In this new analysis, they did not make any flat universe constraint, so they're showing that with supernovae ALONE the evidence for large omega_lambda has increased significantly with larger supernova samples over the years. It's another way they've shown they do not know what they're doing..... their own analysis actually proves exactly the opposite of what they're claiming because they don't understand the 98-99 results.

So this paper can be summarized in this way:
    1) The analysis itself is wrong. My friend and colleague David Rubin actually contacted them at one point to explain why: https://davidarnoldrubin.com/.../marginal-marginal.../

2) Their interpretation of their analysis is wrong, because they failed to include a constraint that the universe is flat which was included in the Riess-Perlmutter papers.

3) Even if their analysis wasn't wrong and their interpretation of the significance wasn't wrong, their conclusions still fail to account for the fact that the CMB, BAO, and Supernova experiments all agree quite well that LCDM cannot be rejected as the 'right' model for the universe.

The one thing I agree with, is that there could be a better model out there. Statistics does not allow one to prove that a single point in a continuous parameter space is the best model for a given data sample; i.e., it is really hard (impossible?) to prove a "there does not exist" when it comes to models that no one has even thought up yet. However, that in and of itself is not worthy of a paper, when you do the analysis and interpretation completely wrong and then offer no alternative models.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

• Caro,
    "... without the flat universe constraint ..."

liest sich für mich nach ... richtiger Umgang mit bedingten Wahrscheinlichkeiten.
    Erinnert mich an die Sendung "Geh auf's Ganze!", ob der Kandidat, der anfangs zwischen 3 Toren auswählen dürfte, dann der Moderator eines der verbliebenen Tore mit einem "Zonk" öffnete, bei seiner Wahl bleiben oder das Angebot des Moderators zum Torwechsel annehmen sollte.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!